As we approach fall and temperature drops below 18°C, it is time to switch on your furnace. To get the best seasonal home comfort, The ideal home temperature
for winter should be between 18°C and 21°C. There are a few things you should do before turning on your furnace for the first time to ensure it is ready for the winter cold. Check that your furnace tune up is complete.
Follow this checklist to be sure that you’re ready for the cold
- Check the furnace motor if it runs smoothly
- Check what type of oil for furnace blower motor need to be added to remain well lubricated
- Testing furnace ignitor works as it supposed to
- Check the furnace exhaust fan
- If needed learn how to reset furnace control board
- Clean the gas furnace condensate drain
- Find out how to test carbon monoxide in your home
- Change to winter thermostat setting
- Invest in a thorough furnace duct cleaning
Look up how often to change furnace filter
This is a super easy and affordable task for homeowners. Simply make sure your furnace is off, remove the filter from the blower, and dispose or clean it as necessary.
This is something you should be doing about once every 3 months at least, not just when you first turn on your furnace.
Is a furnace tune up worth it?
Once a year, your furnace should get a thorough tune up, ideally before you use it for the first time.
A tune up will offer you piece of mind that your furnace is ready for whatever the winter might bring for us. It will also increase the efficiency of your furnace, which means you won’t sweat those winter energy bills as much.
Our skilled professional experts can provide you with a comprehensive furnace tune up and guide you through the procedure step by step. This winter, you’ll have total trust in your furnace.
Contact us get a free estimate today!